Number of GP Registrars per Practice
Practice Allocation Policy
CSQTC Board Policy permits all CSQTC Training Practices to have a maximum of 2 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) placements. Placements in excess of this number require an approval process as detailed below.
The placements can be made up of combinations following the guidelines below:
- The number of learners includes all CSQTC Registrars in active training (GPT1, 2, 3 or Extended skills or PRR 1, 2, 3 or 4) as well as Registrars in remediation terms, any PGPPP Junior Doctors, ADF Registrars and Rural Generalist Trainees. Please note that for any learners in GPT1, GPT2, and PRR1 or PRR2 further conditions apply below in point 3.
- Each accredited trainer can be responsible for a maximum of 2 FTE registrars.
- A maximum of 2 MAP Registrars (actual people, not FTE) are allowed to make up the FTE capacity and must be at different stages/rates of training. Acceptable combinations are:
- 1 x Full-time GPT1/PRR1 & 1 x Full-time GPT2/PRR2
- 1 x Part-time GPT1/PRR1 & 1 x Part-time GPT2/PRR2
- 2 x Part-time GPT1/PRR1
- 1 x Part-time GPT2/PRR2
- 1 x Full Time Registrar & 1 x Part Time Registrar from GPT1/PRR1 & GPT2/PRR2
How to seek approval for more than 2 FTE training placements.
- Applications from Practices for up to 3 FTE training placements should be made via the relevant application form Practice Learner Capacity for 2014 Training Year and will be considered by CSQTC as they are received and decisions made based on a number of criteria including, but not limited to, Practice capacity, Registrar/PGPPP Junior Doctor needs and geographic needs.
- Practices seeking approval for greater than 3 FTE placements will be asked to provide additional documents on which their request for approval will be considered.
For further information about recent changes to our existing policy in relation to how it affects Registrar placement allocations please contact the Registrar Placement Officer at CSQTC.