Practices - Keeping your information up to date with CSQTC - FAQsShould Practices proactively advise CSQTC when there is a change of contact details, Practice or Trainer information?
Practices are not only invited but are also required to take responsibility for the currency of their contact details. It is also significant to ensure that information about your Practice is comprehensive and accurate so that GP Registrars can make an informed decision about their GP Term Placements.
Along with other key details, GP Registrars are interested to know how many consulting GPs (FT and/or PT) are working in a Practice, how many Trainers are accredited and how many ancillary staff are attached to a Practice. General Practice seems to support very mobile professionals; so, it is important that change of staff (both Trainers and Practice Managers) is reported/recorded in a timely manner.
What is the method for advising CSQTC of changes in Practice information?
The vehicle for presenting and maintaining standardised Practice information is CSQTC's Practice Database - accessible via the CSQTC website - on the Training Practices webpage. It is a source of readily accessible basic information about Practices to which GP Registrars, other Practices and CSQTC staff can refer. The database has a search facility, enabling GP Registrars to search for specific Practices with certain criteria for which they may wish to apply.
The Practice Database also has a function for submitting changes to Practice details/information via on online form. This is a useful function when a Practice has several changes about which to advise CSQTC.
If a Practice has only one or two changes in Practice details of which to advise CSQTC, such as a change in email address, this can be done simply by emailing the Administrative Assistant in the GP Registrar and Practice Support area.
How to view Practice records and submit changes via the Practice Database
- Upon clicking on the link - CSQTC Training Practice Database - you are able to view any/all of the CSQTC Training Practices by selecting from the alphabetic drop-down list and clicking the <Display practice> button.
- Check your own Practice to ensure that all details are current and correct.
- Check other Practices to glean ideas on how to improve your recorded information.
- If you are a continuing CSQTC Practice (Level 2 that chose to submit only an update for Practice Selection 2006), you may not yet have submitted your "Ethos of the Practice".
- Whether you are submitting additional information or edits, click on the <<Back button, scroll to the end of the Training Practice Database screen, click the <Submit a practice> button and proceed as follows:
Do not anticipate an immediate change to your details as your information will be transmitted to CSQTC via an email message from which a CSQTC officer will update the data into our local database which is then uploaded to the website.
- Enter your full Practice name and address (to identify your Practice and avoid confusion with similar Practice names);
- Key information only into fields that require additional information or edits;
- Scroll to end of screen and click the <Submit Practice Details> button.
Where else might my Practice's details need updating?
- Don't forget about your Practice's web pages on the CSQTC website. Many Practices have listed their Trainers and other Practice staff by name on their web pages; so, if a Trainer or staff member leaves your Practice, you may need to advise CSQTC of the updates to your web pages.
- Simple changes to web page information can be sent via an email message to the Executive Officer.
- For more complex and significant changes, you may find it necessary to re-write some of your web page content. This can be done by preparing and emailing a Microsoft Word document to the Executive Officer.