Interactive Map - How to update Practice informationOne of the latest innovative features of the CSQTC website is the interactive map of our training region which showcases our Training Practices. The map is powered by a database of our Training Practices which contains extensive profile information about all aspects of the physical Practice as well as the educational aspects.
To ensure that you are effectively promoting your Practice to Registrars we recommend you regularly review and update your Practice’s information, at least at six monthly intervals. It is essential also that when any significant changes occur at your Practice, you should advise CSQTC.
The purpose of the Interactive Map is to:
- Enable Practices to promote the training experience that they can offer GP Registrars.
- Provide an online source of written information that GP Registrars can readily access in order to assist them in determining the Practices to which they will apply for their general practice placements.
- The direct link to the Interactive Map is http://gp.csqtc.qld.edu.au/ and links can also be found on the Home page of the CSQTC website http://www.csqtc.qld.edu.au/ by clicking on the map image or under the Training Practices quick link.
- The information contained in the Interactive Map will be used primarily by GP Registrars when they are researching the Practices to which they want to apply for their GP Term placements.
- It is in your Practice’s interests to regularly review this information, to enable GP Registrars to have easy access to as much accurate and up to date written information about your Practice as possible.
- There is an understanding by Practices that they are aware that it is their responsibility to ensure the content submitted is accurate and that it remains accurate and up to date. Whilst CSQTC will manage the format of your Practice’s information in the Map, your Practice will be responsible for ensuring that the information is regularly updated. CSQTC cannot be held responsible for out of date information.
- Open the database via this link - http://gp.csqtc.qld.edu.au/
- Find your Practice by clicking on the Map or using the search box
- Once you have located your practice – click on “profile” on the right side of the table
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Update Profile”
- Make the required changes to your practice's information
- Once you have made the required changes, ensure you complete the two fields under the heading "Submitter Details" at the bottom of the page:
- Submitted by
- Contact email
- CSQTC will then contact the practice to verify that the changes have been made by a practice staff member
- Once verified, the changes are automatically uploaded to the practice's record on the Interactive Map
Tips for writing content and special notes:
- When referring to periods of time in any descriptions, such as how long the practice has been training GP Registrars, or how long a doctor has been at the practice, it is more appropriate to say “the Practice has been training GP Registrars since 1990” rather than “the Practice has been training GP Registrars for 17 years”. This reduces the need to update information as each year passes.
- Provide as much or as little detail as you wish. Try to keep information concise and succinct.
- Whilst the information contained in the Interactive Map will be used primarily by GP Registrars, Practices should keep in mind that the web pages will be published on a publicly accessible website and anyone in the world will be able to read about your Practice.
- Practices should note that it will be their responsibility to ensure the content submitted is accurate and that it remains up to date.
- CSQTC cannot be held responsible for out of date information.