What application forms do I need?
GP Registrars are responsible for the timely and correct submission of the required paperwork.
To gain recognition as a General Practitioner, two applications must be completed and submitted to CSQTC eight weeks prior to commencement of each GP term placement:
- Application for Medicare Provider Number
- Application for General Practice Registrar Placement
Application forms are available on the Medicare Australia website via the Health Care Providers Section or use the following direct links:Application for an Initial Medicare provider number for a medical practitioner
- should be completed by doctors who are applying for a Medicare provider number for the first time or who do not know if they have a provider number
- most GP Registrars will already have had a Medicare provider number issued to them even if they have not already worked in general practice (ie. a request and referral provider number for hospital work)
- should be completed by doctors who are applying for a provider number for an additional location address
- a separate application should be completed for each practice location (including branch practices, after-hours locations)
- Each time you submit an application for provider number for a new location, or for extending your time at an existing location, you will be required to submit all supporting documentation including documentary evidence of citizenship or permanent residency. Please ensure you read the Information Sheets located at the start of the provider number application forms. Failure to submit the supporting documentation each time will result in delays in the processing of your application by Medicare.
The application form is available in the Forms and Documents section on our website.
- a separate application form must be completed for every approved placement
- a separate application form must be completed for each practice address location within each placement (ie. branch practices, after-hours locations)
- GP Registrars must complete and sign the relevant sections on the application form - please refer to the guide for completing the Application for a General Practice Registrar Placement to ensure that you are aware of how to complete the form correctly
- completed forms must be submitted to CSQTC for approval, along with the application for provider number.
- it is the GP Registrar's responsibility to submit a new Application for a General Practice Registrar Placement to CSQTC if:
- the GP Registrar moves to a new Practice
- the GP Registrar remains in the nominated Practice for longer than specified on the original application form
- the GP Registrar returns to the nominated Practice for a further period
- the Practice changes address
- the Practice changes its name
- the Trainer who signed the original application leaves the Practice